“Men may be stronger, but it is women who endure.”Tessa Gray, Clockwork Princess
While I don’t follow a strict reading list and order, I like to organize the potential reads for the year in an unread pile. Some of them are new buys, others are gifts or even books that have taken long residency on my shelves. The way I cut down my unread pile is through deadlines, readathons or even simply sitting in one spot and reading as much as possible.
To finish all of my unread books would be a great accomplishment, but we know that I’ll inevitably be tempted to buy new releases and recommendations because that is the way the world works. I’m a bibliophile, what did you expect?
My unread books consist of various genres:
- Romance: Emma, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey, Little Women, Ugly Love
- Classic: (Gothic) Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, (Mystery) Sherlock Holmes Stories
- Fantasy: The Hero of Ages, Dune, Dance of Thieves, Legendborn, The Bronzed Beasts
- Historical Fiction: All the Light We Cannot See
- Science Fiction: Legendborn, The Testaments
Now for the new releases:
- Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare
- A Tempest of Tea by Hafsah Faizal
- All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir
I will most probably be re-reading the We Hunt the Flame duology because it was phenomenal! It has everything I could want in a fantasy with the tropes + the Arab influence on the story is so important and appreciated.
Near the end of the year, I may reread the Last Hours trilogy to prepare for the release of the last book ‘Chain of Thorns’. Its going to be an emotional rollercoaster, I’m prefixing that now.
A Wandering Reader